Photo: Mikko Laitinen
Jyväskylä is a city of dance, and everyone can join in on the fun: pavilion dances, barn dances, dance floors in bars, park dances, pole dancing, street dance, jazz, ballet, dance therapy – take your pick and hit the floor!
- The Central Finland Dance Centre creates new opportunities by producing events and providing customised dance services, such as performances, workshops and experiences.
- Jyväskylä has a wide selection of dance schools offering teaching for dancers of different ages at various skill levels, from folk dances to salsa.
- Kramppi is an ambitious dance theatre specialising in both major productions and intimate works as well as customised performances.
- The University of Jyväskylä offers education in dance pedagogy.
- The Urban Movements Company has competed successfully in street dance at the national level and made the finals of Got to Dance in Finland.
- The annual Time of Dance festival in Jyväskylä is one of the largest events in Finnish dance, presenting unique works by leading contemporary dancers and companies.
Jyväskylä Flamenco Association
Jyväskylä Dance and Women’s Gymnastics Society
Jyväskylä Dance Institute – Jyväskylä Dance Association
Central Finland Dance Centre
Piippukatu 7 a 2, 40100 Jyväskylä, tel. +358 50 356 1138, www.tanssinkeskus.fi
Christian Dance Association
Rock’n'Swing Dance Club Break ry
Cygnaeuksenkatu 9, 40100 Jyväskylä, tel. +358 40 555 9948, www.break.fi
Salsa School Vanha Havanna
Cygnaeuksenkatu 9 , tel. +358 45 259 8259
Dance School Ratilainen
Vaajakoskentie 29, 40400 Jyväskylä, tel. +358 44 580 0051, www.ratilainen.net
Harkkotie 5, 40250 Jyväskylä, tel. +358 50 439 7720, www.tepika.fi