Lake Jyväsjärvi in the winter. Photo: Tero Takalo-Eskola.
1. Spend a winter day cross-country skiing on Jyväskylä’s endless network of ski tracks. Ask Jyväskylä Region Tourist Office for more details about equipment rental and where to go skiing.
3. The Jyväskylä Region has great facilities for ice-skating at both indoor and outdoor ice rinks.
4. Jump into an icy lake if you dare! Ask Jyväskylä Region Tourist Office for more details on where to try winter outdoor swimming.
5. Experience the wild winter nature on a snowmobile safari in Varjola Resort.
6. Take a walk on the ice of Jyväsjärvi and stop for a hot drink at harbour café Satamakahvila or Lapp hut café Kotakahvila.
7. Try snowshoeing at Laajavuori and enjoy the untouched glittering white snow.
8. Meet a team of adorable huskies and let them take you on a sled-ride in Varjola.
9. Head for an ice fishing trip in Äänekoski and give ice fishing or bait fishing a go.
10. See more tips for the best winter activities and destinations for families with children.
Find services and nearest points of interest on a map